Sunday 2 August 2015

July's Favorite


Well, there will always be an item or two that you all out there will use frequently in a month. Sometimes, things that you have bought before but never been used but came to try to make it work and also new discovery! Mine, are both of the above. Let’s begin with the first item that I favored most in the month of July and that has to start with the basic, which is the Soap & Glory “Clean on Me Creamy Moisture Shower Gel” If you’ve seen my previous post on obsession on Soap & Glory you would definitely see this item on that post. First of all, the packaging are just too cute it always reminds me of the Benefit Cosmetic’s packaging using inspired pin up girls back in the days. Just lovely! That was actually the reason I became attracted to Soap & Glory. I still remember getting this item for the first time and went all crazy and planned to get more, which I did (referring to the previous post). Other than the packaging, the scents are just to die for! My favourite scent would be from the “Original Pink” range which was the first scent that came out from Soap & Glory, “With natural mandarin peel extract and bonus Built – In Body Lotion” What can beat that huh?

"Clean On Me Creamy Moisture Shower Gel by Soap & Glory"

The “Clean on Me” bottle, in 500ml cost me about RM 46.00 per bottle which is affordable to me knowing the outlook and the scent that it gives me.  Also, with the tick consistency that it carries, my bottle of 500ml would last me 2 months, more or less. Awesome right? This is actually my third bottle. I have used it, since early this year but I do change to something else like The Body Shop in Raspberry Body Wash. Not that there’s anything wrong with it though. I just felt like coming back to Soap & Glory due to be missing the scent so much!

"Kissproof Lipstick by Me-Now in colour 003"




The second item that I came to love would be the Kissproof Lipstick from Me-Now in colour 003. Now that season autumn is in, I know this colour would be handy to be placed in my purse all the time to keep track on the makeup trend if you get what I mean. The colour of this long lasting lipstick is very deep. It is very maroon – purple like kind of colour which I totally adore, it reminded me a lot of "Sin" by Mac which I love too! I found out about this Taiwan brand lipstick from a friend of mine, and wanted to see if it was as great as what people say online. Of course, I went to look up online for reviews on this brand. Knowing that it is only RM 10.00 per tube, I had to be extra conscious before purchasing it. Anyhow back on how good this lipstick is. Honestly, it is a bit dry that you need to apply a layer of lip balm before applying this but other than that I love how matte this lipstick is, the long hours that it last up to and the range of colour that they come in, totally adore! Again, for only RM10.00 the kind of quality that it provides, definitely worth the money! Like most of the Lip colour Lipstick out there, this one do come out a little if it touches oil especially the ones in your meal. To end this Kissproof Lipstick by Me-Now story, I now have all 19 colours from their range to go through the seasons all year long and loving it! If so anyone of you out there are interested in getting one do let me know by commenting on the comment box below! J

                                           "NYX Eyebrow Pencil Crayon in EP04 Brown"

And onto the third item, that I favour most on the sweet month of July would be the “NYX eyebrow pencil” Okay, I am sure when it comes to makeups eyebrow is the most important part to do! Honestly, the worst I can do if I am in a rush and have just 10 minutes to do my face. I would ignore the base make up and go straight for the eyebrows, mascara and a tinted lip balm or a bright lipstick (depend on the situation). And that would do the trick. You know before I was in the makeup academy, I was a zero in makeup. I know nothing but just pretty faces in magazines and wonder, how did that happen? More little did I know about eyebrow(s)! But now after 5 years has passed from the first day I joined the academy, I would keep my Tutor’s words in mind and that would be “Do not, I mean do not leave the house without your eyebrow(s) done! That is just suicidal!) Helpful huh? It’s true, after years and years in the search of more tricks in makeup I explored the Makeup Gurus from Youtube, did experienced a few backstage job on doing fashion make up. Others as well, would say the same other than the base make up to keep your face flawless, the eyebrow plays a main part as well. Agree?


Oh well, enough said about history of me studying eyebrow(s) huh. Let’s get back on the Eyebrow Pencil by NYX. I got mine in the colour EP04 Brown which I think was the darker brown available on the counter than I went to in Sephora. Okay, I used a lot. And I mean A LOT of eyebrow pencil in the past. Not that I don’t like using the previous ones. It’s just that I thought it would be great to be exploring more. I’ve used one by Revlon that was okay as well for a drugstore brand. I decided to try the NYX once, after seeing one of the Makeup Gurus on Youtube raving about it also by coincidence mine was running out so I thought, why not right? Just recently before this, I was using the one by Catrice Cosmetics in the colour Charcoal, it was sold in Guardian, One Utama which I think for now any Guardian should have it? I’m not sure. Anyhow, that one was okay. But I realized the colour that Catrice Cosmetics is carrying is more suitable on pale skin. I don’t know if it’s because it is new in the Malaysia’s market? I’m loving the NYX one at the moment for it being easy! By easy I mean, it’s not those type of eyebrow pencil that you have to sharpen it when it runs out of arch. This one just needs you to twist it which really is helpful for me especially when I’m in a rush getting ready for work, I guess it’s like an auto pencil? Is that what you call it? And the texture of the pencil itself is gel like and very pigmented. It even mentioned on the pencil “NYX Eyebrow Pencil Crayon.” Again, what’s not like on a Crayon brow pencil right?


Seriously, this item runs out of stock very fast. After many visits to Sephora, I finally managed to get one in hand. I got mine in the price of RM 24.00, affordable right? There were of course a few other colours in range, but I went straight to the brown one as I know my hair colour is pretty dark. Oh not to forget, this one came to two tips, as in the pencil itself and a tip on the brush. Which I find it VERY helpful on helping me blend the colours on my eyebrow(s). Kudos NYX. Of course, I don’t use only that for my eyebrow(s), in addition I still add a very dark brown eyeshadow powder on my brow(s) to add in colour if there still imperfections on it and brush it with an eyebrow gel to make it stay in place and last longer.

Alright, beautiful ones. I guess that would be my three most favourite item I frequently use in July 2015. I have more things to share with you, but then I thought that would probably make this blog super long and probably as well get a tiny bit boring. There’s so much to love out there! Hope to be posting for more goods next time!

P/S: Enjoy every seconds to the max, as you might not know what you’re missing out there!
                                                                                               
               
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Love,
                                                                                                                                          A

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment