Sunday 6 December 2015

My Lipstick Collection by Shifa' Azham

Hello all! 

Finally I had the time to actually sit down and write a blogpost for Aleen. Hehe. Well, actually I stalled on the idea for a while because firstly, I preferred to lie down and scroll endlessly on Twitter and secondly, reading her posts seemed more fun than writing my own. 

So I would like to share with you guys my lipstick collection! It's not a big collection but it's enough to fit my small make up organizer, which is good enough for me. 




L-R : Kissproof 012, Kissproof 016, Silky Girl's Moisture Boost in Ruby, Nyx's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp, 
Silky Girl's Go Matte Lipcolour in Nearly Nude, Silky Girl's Moisture Smooth in Sunny Rose, 
Nyx's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Athens, Kissproof 005, Kissproof 011

See, there aren't many but these are my strengths that gets me through the day. I have phases where I would wear dark lipsticks religiously for months then wear only my lipbalm, followed by another few months of wearing nude lipsticks. 

Right now I'm between wearing the Kissproof 016, which is in a nice coral-pink colour, and making it into an ombre lip colour by adding the Nyx's Athens's lipstick in the middle of my lips. They usually complement my make-up look for work and it's the one I'm just really into currently.




The Kissproof Gang

I am super positive that I may be the only one who has had no trouble wearing these. I've had read some reviews saying that they sort of cake on the lips, causing the colours to sort of clump together when you press your lips to distribute the colours, but so far the most that I have had trouble with them is that they chip when you place the cap back. But other than that, I haven't had any of those issues while wearing them.

Before applying them, I apply my lipbalm then line my lips from the outer corner of my lips inwards. I then apply the lipsticks the same way I lined my lips using them and fill them in. 

Another one of my favourite way to wear them is by mixing two colours at once, sort of like creating an ombre effect, which is amazing. I usually pair them with either two contrasting colours or of the same shade. 

In this case, I'd pair them like this: 

  1. Outer colour 016 + Inner colour 005
  2. Outer colour 012 + Inner colour 016
  3. Outer colour 011 + Inner colour 012
  4. Outer colour 012 + Inner colour 005
They really do give the lips a more fun and arty appearance. I usually wear the first pairing to work and the others when I go outside with my friends. Do note that the 011 and 012 colours are both very deep wine colours so when you pair them together, with a dark look, you look very broody and no one would want to approach you. Trust me, I once wore that during work time and my students didn't want to ask me anything regarding their homework. Haha.


The Silky Girl Gang

It does seem to me that Silky Girl has grown on me, I didn't use to like their make-up products before because I usually think local make-up products would sort of give you a very cheap-looking effect. But I am so glad that they proved me wrong! 

I would also pair my Kissproof 016 with the Silky Girl Go Matte Lipcolour together, with Nearly Nude lipcolour being the inner colour. It gives me a really soft appearance, which makes me seem almost nearly innocent. I have no complains about the Sunny Rose coloured lipstick, it does what it says, it's very moisturising and has a very gentle colour.

However, I have to say I did choose the Moisture Boost lipstick in a wrong shade because Ruby is just such a bright red colour, it just makes me look like I have almost yellow teeth. So when I do wear this colour, I tend to not talk too much or just not show my teeth in general. But since this lipstick is in my make-up bag, I would just wear it in a very tinted manner. I'd use the tip of my finger to gently apply it, so it doesn't stand out too much.


The Nyx Gang

I swear, thanks to Instagram and the explosion of make-up tutorial videos on YouTube, I too have suddenly became obsessed with Nyx. 

These are very matte lipsticks, which I truly advise that you wear your lipbalm before applying them. I would also pair Antwerp with Kissproof 016, with just filling in the middle of my bottom and top lips with it. I do the same too with Athens.

I really do not like wearing these on their own, because they sort of give me a very dry afer feel at the end of the day. But they do stay very long on the lips, around I'd say 5 hours? 

Because I usually apply my lipsticks before the students come to class as well as so that I can prepare myself by looking presentable before I meet any parents who come for inquiries. So I'd definitely say that these are in my work bag almost all week.

So in the end, I think my ultimate favourite lipstick is definitely a tie between Kissproof 016 and Kissproof 011. Because these two has been with me for a while, and they are the two lipsticks that I would undoubtedly take from my lipstick jar. 



That's it for now. We'll meet again when I have fun things to tell you about, and of course, when I have added more lipsticks to my collection.

Until then, stay healthy and be beautiful! 

xx Shifa' Azham xx


No comments:

Post a Comment