Saturday 5 December 2015

MAC Lipsticks Review & Swatches


Hi all, I’m so excited on writing this post today! It’s because, I finally have my very first lipstick from MAC Cosmetics! Not only one, but two! After so long, learning make up. I finally own it! Okay, I have been wanting their lipsticks for so long! But my boyfriend thinks that I have too many lip products, that I should just stop buying for a while, and only get things that I need. However, this time around, they’re actually gifts from my beloved boyfriend! Surprise, surprise right? I thought, oh my god. How sweet of him to do so. He knows I’ve been wanting it for so long. Why am I getting these gift if you are wondering. I have been working under the same company for quite some time. Specifically, for two years. So being a supportive boyfriend. Yearly, he would give me presents. To congrats me, on standing strong for this long. I know, how spoiled of me! Last year, I got a set of the Body Shop’s limited edition set of body wash.

MAC Matte Lipstick in Diva

I was not expecting lipsticks at all, especially from MAC! I am officially the happiest girl alive, at the moment! He got me two. One in the matte range, in “Diva” and the other one in the amplified crème range in “Craving”. Now my favourite one out of these two, is Diva. I must say, he knows me best even on the selection of lipsticks that I would actually wear. I have been loving, dark colours on my lips for so long! And Diva, I must say is something I would wear every day! It is mostly like a very dark cranberries. Like, a purple mix maroon kind colour which I love! It is what it is called after all, “Diva”. LOVE! And, the matte texture. Amazing though, how it is very easy to wear. However, there is a downside to this. I don’t know if it was just me or anything but I was expecting it to be as matte as other lipstick out there that it would last longer than this. I had this for a day on my lips, and I had to reapply many many times, as the color do fades out. Even worst when I am having a heavy meal. Everything would go off, just like that! Hmm.

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Craving 

Now, the one in “Craving” I find works best during a daily basis. It’s definitely A to go lipstick, if you’re already having a heavy makeup and wants something to tone down the look with a tinted but natural lipstick. “Craving” is A to go! I’m actually grateful my boyfriend got me these. Not only that, he also got me the lipsticks, from different range so I could try which fit me best. The color “Craving” is like very taupe colour. More neutral, and warm pink kind of tone. Something Kylie Jenner would wear, if you get what I mean. Now the “amplified crème” as they called it is a lot creamier that the “matte” ones. It is however, very pigmented. I am fine with this one, it seems to work out very well. There’s still a lot of exploring to do with MAC Lipsticks, I guess. If you're wondering how much this cost, it's actually RM 74 per bullet. Other than that, I can’t wait to try out more from MAC!

 Swatches on "Diva and Craving"

P/S : Let me know, your favourite MAC lipstick or any other colour that you think I should try in the comment box below!

Love,

Aleen Abdollah 

No comments:

Post a Comment