Friday 8 January 2016

The Balm Cosmetics // Mini Collection

The Balm Cosmetics

Hey there, to those who has not heard of The Balm, they are actually a make up brand that was made and produced from the USA. The packaging are pretty much quirky, when I first saw it, I thought they were very similar to “Benefit Cosmetics”. Please, tell me I am not the only one? Seeing the packaging feels like I was taken back to the 50s era or something. Very quirky and cute. Now in the my collection, I only have THREE. Having so little, I still thought it’s a good idea to share the goods to you out there.

"Bahama Mama Bronzer"


Well, I am going to start with the product I have mentioned before here in my blog. That is, the Bahama Mama bronzer. Now, I have been loving this ever since I got it in my vanity! It works so good, so fine towards my skin. The colour, first of all suits my tanned skin perfectly! You know when, you get the right shade of bronzer and you have that feeling of confidence straight up to your face? I definitely feel that with this bronzer. The consistency is amazing, at first I thought “Boy! Aren’t this super pigmented?!” Yes it was, however it was not that hard to blend. With the right brush, and method, I promise you’ll get the look with this one! Everything with this bronzer fits me perfectly! I love it!


"Instain Blusher in Toile"


On to the second item, the Instain Blush in “Toile”. Okay to be honest, I did not want to get this in the first place. Well, I wanted a blusher, but not in this colour. I was in the One Utama’s Sasa outlet. It was a regular day, where I just went for a make up hunt after work. Thinking I wanted to get a dark plum, cool tone blusher. I wanted to go to MAC Cosmetics, but I decided not to cause I thought I’ll be spending a lot there. I mean, a blusher would probably cost me RM 90? I don’t know, I’ve never had any blusher from MAC. (Let me know, if they’re any good and also the price range. That would do wonders!) So I went to Sasa, hoping to get a blusher, for the price of RM 30 – RM 60. To keep the story short, I was persuaded by lust and good customer service. Not only, I did not get the colour I planned on buying, I also spent RM 89 for this blush! Not that, this is not worth it. I just thought, I could find a better blusher that this with the price range. You get what I mean right?

Other than the tragedy. I do find this blush working okay. I mean I have not own anything like this colour. So it is not a waste after all, just something new to add to the collection. I guess. The colour is warm, with a hint of pink tone. I must say it’s actually suitable for an everyday wear. Eventually, I like it. And, it’s called InStain for a reason! The colour is very pigmented. Not the type of pigments that would go off, through the day. I could still see the colour on my cheeks, even at the end of the day when I am done with work. And I work, more than 10 hours a day! No joke! I guess, if you are looking for a good blusher, that would last all day long, you could try the range from InStain by “The Balm”. They are actually not bad. Good thing, unexpected faith brought me to this, Lulz!


 "Cindy-Lou Manizer"


And the last product I have by “The Balm” is actually one of their sensational item! That is the “Lou Manizer” sisters! They are actually highlighters. I see them everywhere, on Youtube. Many of the make up gurus has it! They have three in range, but the one I have with me is the “Cindy-Lou Manizer”. I’ve seen many using the “Mary – Lou Manizer” and that one is the lightest shade the have in shimmering sheer gold. I was confused purchasing this. I wanted to get the “Mary – Lou Manizer” as I see many using it. However, the make up assistant from Sasa keep on insisting me to get the “Cindy – Lou Manizer” as she thought it would fit me better on my tanned skin. And so trusting her, I got it. In a way, I am not happy with the finish that the colour gives me. It is more of a peachy toned highlighter. I did not really get the finish that I wanted. I happy with the texture though. Everything in it applies smoothly on my face. I don’t know, perhaps I’ll be getting the “Mary – Lou Manizer” soon to see which works better. Probably, its just the inner me, still wanting the “Mary – Lou Manizer”. Let me know guys, if you’ve tried any from this range before. Overall, it is a good product!

If you guys are interested in these, you could find them in any of the nearest Sasa Outlet near you. 

The price range on these products stated below.

Bahama Mama Bronzer – RM 75
InStain Blusher              – RM 89
Cindy – Lou Manizer    – RM 89

I hope you guys out there enjoy this post, do comment, on anything regarding “The Balm” I would love to have a Q&A on these.

Till next time, dolls!

Sincerely,

AA

No comments:

Post a Comment