Tuesday 12 January 2016

Drugstore Lip Balms Comparison

Hello there, I have been wanting to do this post for quite a while now. But never find the right time to do so.  Today, I just had no excuse not to! Based on the header, yes. Today’s post will be a comparison on drugstore lip balms. I have a few with me, and I just had to buy them to do a special post for you guys out there! The plan on posting this has been delayed, for about 2 months. Eep!


There’s three lip balms that I have in hand to be exact. Listed as per below,
1.       Maybelline’s Baby Lips Color in Berry Crush
2.       Nivea’s Fruity Shine in Cherry
3.       Mentholatum’s Lip Ice in Strawberry

Now, they all come from different brands, also they have their own specialties. I got them that way on purpose. So I could see what each could do best. Shall we start, on Maybelline’s Baby Lips being the first on the list?


Maybelline’s Baby Lips Color in Berry Crush. Okay, to be honest out of the three that I got. I thought I will be liking this the least. Why? I thought, Maybelline would not be producing good lip balms knowing the main focus of products from them are on Mascaras, Liners, and Lipsticks. And suddenly, this baby right here, wowed me! I cannot lie, this is the one I have on my vanity. Also the one I would apply every time I’m done moisturizing my face. Sometimes, once I am done with my make up, I would actually skip the lipstick as the Maybelline’s Baby Lips Color since it is already naturally tinted on the lips! Which is why, I love this more,it works as a hydrating and tinted lip balm and also it smells amazing! That’s like a 3 in 1 combo kind of thing right? This lip balm retail at RM 8.40 only!


Nivea’s Fruity Shine in Cherry. I got this just because, I’ve always wanted a lip balm that smells like cherry! I know how silly. But I also heard, that Nivea is good at what they produce. So I thought, why not right? When I first applied this, out of the three I thought this is the most easiest to apply with. As it is super moisturizing! As you can see on the picture above, the colour of this lip balm is in deep red. Pretty right? However, the colour does not pay off. It’s not tinted like the Maybelline one. This is just a normal sheer lip balm with a hint of red. And that’s about it. I would only wear this on certain days, where I don’t leave the house but still needs hydrations on my lips! Other than that, if you’re looking for a good moisturizing lip balm you should go for this one! Nivea gives moisture at its best!  This lip balm retails at RM 10.90 .


Mentholatum’s Lip Ice in Strawberry. Now, this one was the last choice out of the three. I just got this to see if it is any good. This is just a sheer, lip balm. Not a hint or a tint in it if you get what I mean. After 2 weeks, of testing this. I did not like it as much as the others. I feel like, it darkens my lips in a way. I don’t know if that is just me though. What I like about this is that it has this ice cold feeling on the lips once applied. Like how it mentioned on the product itself “Lip Ice”.  I feel like this doesn’t suit me much. Even if it is just a sheer lip balm. I also feel like, this would fit school kids who needs hydration but does not want to show colour at all. This retails at RM 5.00! Reasonable right? Amazing, how a lip balm could still cost RM 5.00 these days! Great deal though, Metholatum! Kudos!

And there you have it, comparison on all three! I hope you enjoy this post, and do let me know if you feel differently on these lip balms!

Much Love,

Aleen A

No comments:

Post a Comment